Epilogue


AND LIFE GOES ON...
August 6, 2007 7 AM
TONDO, MANILA, PHILIPPINES


I was determined to go to work the next day. I couldn’t afford any more half-days or absences what with me getting sick before the trip and going on the trip itself. So at 7 AM, I woke up and went to the living room where I promptly stumbled to the floor. I was obviously too out of it to go to work. I waited until 8 AM to call and leave some reminders for the day before going back to bed,.

By 10 AM, I was awake. I reported for work 1130 AM where a mountain of paperwork and a number of emails demanded my attention. As for the others, the only remarkable happening was that Franz got sick within the week and had to be confined and hooked to dextrose.

I dream of finally eating yum cha, watching a spectacular light show, and glittering cities. Until the next time.